The Bonny Doon School Community will create a learning environment that challenges and supports students to achieve their highest potential. We need to acknowledge all aspects of a child's well-being to provide a successful learning experience.
Our Theory of Action
If we work together as a cohesive staff to provide a safe learning environment and create appropriate, rigorous expectations that tap into student interests and passions, then students will develop the agency and critical thinking skills needed to challenge themselves to go above and beyond to solve real world problems both independently and collaboratively. As a result, our students will be prepared for success at their next stages in life and school.
Our Core Values:
We believe that:
- Learning occurs best in a healthy, safe, and nurturing environment.
- Commitment from students, home, school, and community is essential to student success.
- High standards and expectations foster greater academic achievement.
- A highly skilled, enthusiastic, and dedicated staff has a direct and powerful influence on students' lives and learning.
- Everyone should be treated with kindness and respect.
- The development of self esteem is critical to student success.
- Community building and peaceful conflict resolution are an integral part of the curriculum.
- It is our duty to cultivate a life-long love of learning in our students and staff.
- There is strength and value in diversity, and diversity should be celebrated.
- Active, timely communication is needed to build alliances with the entire community.
- An appreciation and respect for the natural world is necessary to becoming responsible world citizens.
- Continuous improvement is necessary to meet the needs of students in a changing world.