Dear BDUESD Family Partners,
On October 29, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine under an emergency use authorization (EUA) for children ages 5 to 11 years old, followed by the CDC on November 2. It is anticipated that additional approvals by State authorities will be completed this week.
Santa Cruz County schools are offering vaccination clinics at school sites countywide for students ages 5 to 11 with parental consent starting November 8, 2021. COVID-19 vaccination represents a key part of the strategy to reduce the number of positive cases in our community.
Bonny Doon School is partnering with the Santa Cruz County Office of Education (COE), the Santa Cruz County Public Health Department, and Inspire Diagnostics to provide access to vaccinations for our students starting November 18, 2021.
Additional Vaccination Information
- Please know that participating in this vaccination is completely voluntary.
- Participation in the vaccination program at Bonny Doon School requires registration, completion of a consent form, and scheduling of an appointment at the following link: https://santacruzcoe.org/vaccines/bonny-doon
- A parent or guardian will need to be present for the student’s vaccination.
- To ensure that our school community is receiving accurate information from trusted sources, we encourage all parents to discuss vaccination with their pediatrician. You can also learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine from trusted and official sources. Please visit the following sites:
- CDC link: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens
- CDC link: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- CDPH link: Get vaccinated – it’s safe, effective, and free
- In addition to offering student vaccinations at our school, adult and student vaccinations will be available Monday through Saturdays at the following drive through clinics:
- Cabrillo College, Parking Lot K, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos, CA, 95003
- PVUSD Administrative Offices, 294 Green Valley Rd. Watsonville CA 95076
- Santa Cruz COE, 399 Encinal St. Santa Cruz CA 95060
If you have any questions, you may contact the COE Vaccine Support Line at (831) 466-5906.